Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat-rolled steel, and wire rod.
Why you will love working at Gerdau:
At Gerdau, our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau's growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, total safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit. Gerdau's rewards are designed to start you off on your career with a balanced picture for both your short-term goals and your long-term success.
This is your purpose:
Your purpose will be to develop and maintain effective employee relationships and participate in administering the HR process to include: recruitment and selection; employee relations, wage and salary administration, employee benefits administration, training and development, career and succession, performance management, safety, policy interpretation, and administration, and the coordination of company-sponsored employee services and activities.
This is what you will do:
- Communications: Coordinate employee communications to promote employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives.
- Employee Relations: Assist in the counseling of supervisory personnel on employee relation matters, including employee discipline, and resolution of employee grievances.
- Recruitment & Selection: Conduct recruitment effort for open positions and support hiring managers in the selection process (from cultural fit, competency, behavior standpoints).
- Compensation: Administer wage and salary policies; help maintain job descriptions and evaluations on an accurate and current basis. Communicate total compensation opportunities to employees and respond to employee questions related to applicable Compensation plans and programs.
- Training and development: Assist in identifying training needs and work with the corporate training team to implement programs. Facilitates training sessions locally when applicable. Facilitates new employee orientation.
- Engagement: Organize employee engagement activities
- Benefits: Perform benefits administration and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Performance Management: Coordinate performance reviews and performance improvement processes for all employees; ensure consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Career & Succession: Assists with coordinating C&S cycles, local people development committees, 360 degree feedback surveys, and competency assessments; ensure consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Personnel Planning.
- Record Keeping: Establish and maintain adequate personnel records for past and present employees.
- Goal Setting: Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
This is what you have:
- Four-year college degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- 2 + years of HR experience. Previous experience in manufacturing or an industrial setting preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter that is motivated to improve the business and lead projects.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunities related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Gerdau offers you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Plans
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create