Latrobe Specialty Metals Distribution (LSD) - part of the Carpenter Technology Corporation organization, serves North America's tooling customers with the broadest range of products, the most extensive value-added services, and unmatched metallurgical expertise in the industry. With five locations in the US and Canada, LSD inventories more than 60 specialty alloys for some of the most demanding applications, including the complete CPM family of high performance Crucible Particle Metallurgy (CPM). Extensive value-added capabilities include production sawing, CNC high-speed precision sawing, CNC lathe turning, milling, grinding, heat treating, and hollow boring.
TITLE OF POSITION Operative A - Chicago, IL
- Receives verbal or written instructions from supervisor and/or other designated plant personnel.
- Exercises basic skills in the operation of distribution center/warehouse tools and equipment involving a number of basic related tasks which follow the same sequence. Such tasks may be performed within a department or across multiple departments.
- Checks dimensions of material before, during and after processing to maintain specified tolerances.
- Counts and weighs pieces, weighs scrap and keeps segregated by grades. Stencils, stamps, and/or tags material and packages, as required. Color codes various products, as required. Places pieces on pallets or in container. Transports material between workstations using side loaders, lift trucks and floor operated overhead cranes. Keeps production records and operates transmission equipment to enter, receive and send data.
- Lubricates, cleans, adjusts and makes minor repairs to production equipment and related tools and equipment. Keeps hand tools clean and orderly. Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Notifies supervisor of any condition requiring maintenance repair. Or assists with equipment and facility maintenance.
- Has a basic knowledge of written rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as directed including general labor duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- Able to work any shift and overtime as assigned
- Previous experience with Circular saws, grinders, milling machines, lathes, cut off saws and other similar processing equipment. Side-loader, plate flippers, gas powered lift trucks, fork lifts, carts, floor operated overhead crane, skids, scale, tape measure, micrometers, various hand tools, chains, hooks, slings, wood and other packaging materials, stencils, bar press, power nailer, power stapler, power bander, manual bander, plate and bar magnets, calipers, etc.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.