SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and "Sensor Intelligence" have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK's focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position has primary responsibility for pre-sale and post-sale technical support for SICK solutions sold into the Logistics & Factory automation markets in North & South America including Line Scanner Solutions, Omni Directional Systems, Camera Systems, Dimensioners, Vision Systems, Data Analytics tools as well as critical third party partner solutions utilized to meet the industries needs for automatic identification.
* Provide pre-sales technical support for internal and external customers, ensuring the right solution is developed and/or implemented for the customer
* Utilize the full line of SICK products in an effort to offer regional SICK sales and service organizations throughout North and South America by developing innovative and highly differentiated systems to fit the needs of customers.
* Support the product management and sales channels through the proposal process in an effort to find the optimal technical solutions to meet the needs of their customers and providing presale cost analysis.
* Support project execution by developing the complete BOM for system scope; manage mechanical and electrical schematics along with other project specific requirements to help SICK fulfill the project scope and supporting the installation team through project acceptance.
* Help identify and document emerging market needs and define product gaps and product requirements for product management product development.
* Provide feedback to the Engineering Department regarding what needs updating or changing in current products SICK offers.
* Support validation of new product features and solutions for assigned projects.
* Able to provide hands on expertise with supported Identification and Measurement solution technology.
* Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
* Four year degree in Engineering (or related field) or equivalent experience required.
* 3+ years of experience in applied engineering in automatic identification/logistics experience.
* Able to work directly with customers and solve technical problems.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
* General understanding of PLC and industry communication experience is a plus.
* Able to read blue prints and wiring schematics is a plus.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications..
* Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
* Legally permitted to work in the United States.
* Able to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the "Apply Online" button. Visit us at .
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V