Sealed Air partners with customers to solve their most critical packaging challenges with innovative solutions that leave our world, environment, and communities better than we found them. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands includes Cryovac food packaging and Bubble Wrap protective packaging which respectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.7 billion in sales in 2018 and has approximately 15,500 employees who serve customers in 123 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Come join our team to work with the SealedAir Digital Lab! We deliver digital product solutions through our culture of being customer obsessed and driving business value. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our other brilliant team members: software engineers, testers, product owners, designers, operations, and customer support. Our Agile teams works off innovative features and drive creative designs and unique problem solving. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate an understanding of current and new trends in software engineering practices and how to apply them to our products and processes. You will be and empowered team member making technology recommendations and to continually improving our products with innovate digital solutions.
- Develop software solutions using our digital technology platforms that quickly deliver business value and accommodate design, and governance of non-functional product needs. Including but not limited to: Scalability, reliability, availability, regulatory, recoverability, capacity, maintainability, serviceability, security compliant, regulatory, manageability, environmentally, data integrity, interoperability, usability.
- Uses test driven development (TDD) techniques and understand Extreme Programming concepts.
- Collaborate and regularly pair with other software engineers to cooperatively deliver.
- Develop features across all tiers of the application stack and is proficient in multiple programming languages.
- Continuously integrate and deploy developed software and update continuous integration/deployment scripts to improve continuous integration practices.
- Mentor other engineers, new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging engineering and design problems.
- Experience with eCommerce solutions (4+ years)
- Proficient in object-oriented concepts (preferred 4+ years of experience)
- Experienced in multiple programming languages (preferred 3+ years of experience)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree or 10+ years of professional equivalent experience
- Experienced in multiple coding frameworks/platforms
- Comfortable with Extreme Programming Concepts: TDD, Paired Programming
- Proficient in data modeling, data structures, and data flow design
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Spring - Expert-level implementatin skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration
- Micr-services – familiar with the concepts and development
- Develpment of Web Services REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA (preferred REST)
- Cntinuous Integration tools (Jenkins CI, Gitlab or similar)
- Experienced in wrking with Oracle/MySQL/Postgres/MS SQL Server or NoSQL databases
- Unit testing framewrks (MockMvC, JUnit, AssertJ, Spring Test, Mockito, JSONAssert, etc)
Nice to Have:
- Cloud Native Development on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform or similar (Gradle, Gitlab, Maven)
- Experience with Spring Integration or any other market leading integration platforms is a plus.
- Database administrative concepts and query optimization techniques
- IoT architecture and/or engineering background
- Experience & Understanding of Industrial Protocols
- Ability to learn and understand Vulnerability testing, risk analysis, security assessments, aligning to security tools and standards, corporate policies and procedures, incident management with post analysis, and updating security systems
Requisition id: 29378
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).