The Territory Sales Manager (Hartford, CT) is responsible for the increased sales performance and profitability of Greenlee & RIDGID products to new and established distributor partners within a specific geographic region. TM establishes sales strategies and achieves sales goals relative to those accounts through direct contact and product demonstration. This job requires broad knowledge of the company's products, services, policies relative to customers and knowledge of distributor and contractor business model.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and manages distributors within a defined area. This position interfaces with all levels of the organization including, but not limited to Sales Application Engineers, Regional Sales Managers, Product Management, Engineering and Marketing.
- Develops and implements a strategic sales business plan to increase sales for Greenlee & RIDGID products to established and new customers.
- Develops a plan to identify and convert competitive product to Greenlee & RIDGID and works the plan to closure.
- Leverages sales programs, promotions and market development funds for the best value of the company and distributors.
- Initiates category management for benefit of Greenlee & RIDGID and the distributor partner.
- Roles include: GMROI analysis, turns analysis, self-administered VMI.
- Maintains awareness of distributor inventories; works to insure adequate levels.
- Manages profitability of the account from a distributor's perspective while maximizing profitability for Greenlee & RIDGID as well.
- Margin analysis and pricing to be evaluated as well. Merchandises counter displays to ensure Greenlee products are prominently displayed, organized and shelf space is maximized and optimized.
- Conducts training sessions with distributor representatives and end users to educate them in proper use and effective sales techniques of Greenlee & RIDGID tools.
- Works effectively with the Professional Tool Specialist to conduct on-the-job demonstrations for all products to prospective end-users, along with effectively communicating with a PTS regarding key stocking distributor partners in the local marketplace.
- Provides input to Product Managers regarding product upgrades or obsolescence.
- Maintains awareness of competitors and product lines.
- Represents company at trade shows, distributor meetings, etc. Introduces, promotes and gains placement the of new products.
- Maintains regular sales call frequency on major end-users in assigned territory as required to increase sales.
- Maintains company vehicle and demo tools in neat and orderly fashion.
- Completes and submits key account plans and other key initiative plans.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- A minimum of three years of sales experience with demonstrated achievements in selling industrial products through distribution is required
- Strong presentation skills
- Depending on location, travel will be around 75% of the time
- Knowledge of the industrial distribution function strongly desired
- Microsoft office suite knowledge required
- Willingness to travel by air
- Requires occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Performs all duties within the Business Conduct Guidelines
- Natural curiosity and a desire to absorb and process knowledge
- A high level of initiative, integrity and creativity
- Ability to be analytical and innovative
- Energy, enthusiasm and competitive edge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Timely and sound decision making
- Level of comfort with change; adaptable and flexible
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to .