Works with UCF Health clinical staff and physicians, providing operational guidance to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of the workforce. Will have extensive knowledge of the Electronic Health/Medical Records Systems, interfaces, and associated technologies to coordinate support efforts, training, and interoperability. This position may be moved at the leadership's direction within the College of Medicine to a commensurate level position as determined by the Vice President of Medical Affairs.
Clinical Systems Operations:
- Provide daily operational support and documentation necessary for the efficient and effective use of the clinical systems and technology.
- Ensure new system initiatives are functionally accurate, efficient, tested, validated, documented, and communicated.
- Monitor/safeguard production systems with regular review of security and performance logs.
- Work with vendors, Health IT, and UCF Health staff to communicate and create awareness of system updates, enhancements, opportunities, issues, and outages.
- Coordinate, communicate, follow-up or address all system needs to include incident management, system related review and evaluations.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Provide high-level direction, develop process and procedures for the efficient intake and development of reports to support clinical and administrative analytics needs.
- Work with clinical team members to identify needed reports, locate available canned reports or develop new reports, and provide a self-serve platform to requesters for report generation.
- Be a resource to the clinical and Academic Health Sciences community by providing expertise for clinical data residing in the clinical systems.
- Work with clinical administration and consultants to deliver necessary qualifying reports (such as MIPS, PQRS, PCMH, and other clinical quality measures).
- Design, build, and deliver regularly scheduled reports to Health IT, clinical administration, and partner agencies.
Information Security/Incident Response:
- Work with health information security office to review, investigate, resolve, and respond to identified incidents, vulnerabilities, and breaches.
- In conjunction with the Health IT Information Security Office and clinical administration, collaborate to implement and uphold industry best practice standards to ensure security and compliance for systems, technical assets and the use of technology in the clinical practice.
- Perform thorough review (i.e. requirement analysis, system feasibility studies, system testing and validation, security assessment) for systems, functionality and integrations, requested for implementation into the clinical environment.
- Monitor and safeguard production systems with regular review of security and performance logs.
Outreach, Education and Training:
- Interface and educate clinical faculty, staff, learners, clinical administration and affiliated partners as necessary to provide consistent a baseline in knowledge, ability and use of the clinical systems.
- Work with the College's departments and units to build awareness and a sense of common purpose around health and information technology.
- Ensure open collaborative interactions between Health IT units, UCF Health, UCF IT, and health partners to ensure transparency and completeness in communications.
- Ensures new clinical system initiatives are appropriately evaluated, tested, and implemented; acting as liaison to clinical administration, Health IT and clinical vendors.
- Maintain advanced working knowledge of current and future state of the EHR systems, through regular research, forum monitoring, educational programs, and conference participation.
- Be a resource to the Academic Health Sciences community by providing expertise for EHR matters.
- Contributes to the overall success of the College by performing all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Classification Title: Application Systems Analyst II
This position is funded by 'soft money' as defined in Regulation UCF-3.0122 and may cease with little or no notice.
If you are selected as the final candidate for an employment opportunity with the UCF College of Medicine, both your position and salary will be significantly based upon the information that you have provided in your application for employment. We urge you to please (1) take the time to complete the application in its entirety; (2) provide a resume; and (3) include current/most recent/former "professional" references.
If the selected applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an official transcript from the accredited institution must be provided within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.