The Associate Sales Representative is responsible for supporting the sales team within an assigned
territory with installations, trouble-shooting and maintenance, demo inventory setup and customer in
service. Other responsibilities may include transporting customer inventory between accounts and
covering cases for sales reps within certain accounts. The position requires the ability to assimilate and
learn a high level of technical information as it relates to surgery and procedures.
% of Position
- Learns and maintains a high level of technical information as it relates to orthopedic trauma surgery and procedures. 15%
- Gains and maintains an acceptable level of knowledge of the Trauma, Extremities and applicable Recon (Universal Products) product lines, business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for these products. 15%
- Assists with inventory moves between accounts. 15%
- Covers Cases for reps at various selected accounts and provides moderate sales support. 15%
- Provides technical information information to surgeons consistent with product user manuals 10%
- Assists and trains hospital personnel in the proper use and care of product and equipment 10%
- Completes structured product/sales training assessments 5%
- Supports the district sales targets by supporting existing accounts as well as developing and executing a plan to develop new business opportunities 5%
- Meets expected scoring for all classroom and on the job training assessments 5%
- Establishes regular performance evaluations to ensure targeted development of the essential quantitative metrics for territory growth (technical/clinical/procedural/relational/financial) 5%
- Requires ability to meet travel demands and work within fast paced, high growth, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Science or Product Development required
- Requires valid driver's license applicable to current residence to facilitate travel requirements of the position
- Prefers a minimum (2) two years sales experience
- Requires strong PC applications skills to include proficiency in various software applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processing, preferably Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Requires a dynamic, assertive individual with technical-oriented leadership ability and well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Requires ability to get to all customers' operations and facilities via air, own automobile and local transport
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology and dynamic business growth
- Requires the ability to operate complex medical equipment
- Requires the ability to hear and communicate customer problems with sales representatives in person and on the telephone
- Requires the ability to read computer output on CRT Screen and printed material
- Requires the ability to read complex reference material and written user manuals
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming and application design working sessions
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirement for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function. Completes all required HSE training. *For people managers, Responsible for direct reports and contract employees adhering to the general HSE responsibilities as specified above. Ensures HSE procedures are followed. Informs appropriate personnel of HSE performance within areas of responsibilities. Addresses HSE action items (non-conformances) within areas of responsibilities.
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.