Field Service Technician
ORR Corporation formed from the trunk of Clark Orr Sr.'s car when he began selling safety equipment almost 70 years ago. The company has since expanded, now encompassing ORR Safety, ORR Protection and Inspection Logic. We support 500 employees across 28 locations nationwide but we still maintain the principles of safety, family, quality, and integrity, we were built on.
At ORR, we're dedicated to providing protection for people, property and the environment. Read more about our company culture .
As a Field Service Technician, you will work with some of the largest and most successful companies in the world and will receive top notch training on industry-leading fire alarm systems and fire suppression equipment. This is your chance to join a company where you will be appreciated and will be a member of an elite team.
Our technicians perform inspections and testing on both fire alarm and clean-agent fire suppression systems and assist with installation.
This position will work-from-home and be a remote reporting role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All team members must embody the company mission to provide protection for people, property, and the environment in all aspects of their job.
- Contact customer to set up service.
- Perform inspection and testing tasks on fire alarm and fire suppression systems according to OPS work instructions.
- Record inspection and test results in the company's electronic inspection program.
- Respond to emergency service requests and take appropriate action.
- Perform trouble shooting, repair and replacement of system equipment.
- Oversee OPS personnel in coordination of service activities.
- Review inspection and test results with the customer.
- Conduct training with customer on the functionality of the fire system.
- Assist in installation and commissioning tasks with supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Two years' experience servicing fire alarm and special hazard fire suppression systems, required.
- Experience reading blue prints, preferred.
- Module level trouble shooting experience, preferred.
- Associate degree in electronics or related field, preferred.
- AZ state license or NICET (Fire Alarm / Special Hazard) certification, preferred.
- Experience with the following manufacturers: Kidde, Fenwal, Notifier, Fike, FCI, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and standard internet usage.
- Strong time management skills.
- Capable of using Windows-based software as well as mobile iPad applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail-orientated.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated customer service mindset.
- This is a remote position that would be deployed from the associate's home to local job sites for installs, service, or repairs.
- Company vehicle, tools, technology, and equipment provided.
- Occasional on-call days and/or overtime required for unscheduled service needs.
- Job duties require the ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and crawl into tight or awkward places.
- Overnight travel required up to 25% of the time.
- All associates are required to pass a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
ONCE YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU'LL GET TO ENJOY:
- Working for a company where the associates are viewed as the company's greatest asset.
- Being part of something you can be proud of - making a difference in the health and wellness of people and our planet.
- A growing company with a first class reputation in our respective industries.
- A culture that is fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial.
- A company that offers a focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact.
- A caring group of associates with a commitment to make the communities we work in better for all.
- Excellent benefits including 401(K), health, life, dental, tuition reimbursement and numerous perks such as training and development
ORR Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.