Location(s): MN - Bayport
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn't require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that's committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you're looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Plant Attendant to be located at the Allen S. King Generating Plant.
Please verify that your education and/or experience meets the minimum requirements listed below. Please do not apply if you do not possess the requirements.
Assists in the operation, maintenance and inspection of boilers, turbine generators and auxiliary equipment.
1. Must possess a Minnesota State Engineer’s Second Class Grade "A" license. A Minnesota State Engineer’s First Class Grade "A" license or a Chief "A" license is desirable.
2. Must have a reasonable level of learning ability to develop understanding of steam plant operations and procedures.
3. Must have the ability to intelligently communicate constructively with plant personnel both verbally and in writing.
4. Must have had obtained knowledge of Power Plant Fundamentals training presented by Xcel Energy or equivalent.
5. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more safely.
1. Will be required to perform duties, when necessary, from scaffoldings and catwalks in high and confined areas.
2. Will be required, through training, to be thoroughly familiar with plant operating procedures and equipment, including pollution control equipment, and be capable of making sound decisions in any plant emergency.
3. May be required to accept temporary assignments at other plants, as directed, by plant management.
4. Must successfully pass the EEI Plant Personnel Test.
5. Will be required to wear appropriate PPE in all work areas. Will be required to work in respirator required areas.
6. Will be required to follow all federal, state, and company policies and procedures.
7. Will be required to have or obtain basic computer skills and be able to utilize several Xcel Energy computerized tool sets.
8. Will be required to actively participate in training programs established for the position.
9. Will be required to function under written plant operating and maintenance procedures, as appropriate, assist in their preparation and document records, as required.
Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
Steps in Xcel Energy's hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Bayport || MN - Bayport || United States (US) || Generation || 0475P:AS King Unit Operations || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 20600
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org