STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our Hartford, CT office for a Senior Transportation/Highway Engineerfor ourTransportation & Infrastructure division. This person will primarily perform production of construction documents plans, specifications, estimates and various studies and reports for highway projects including but not limited to design projects for public agencies in the Milford, CT area.Experience in the design of highway alignments and details, grading, drainage, traffic and other highway infrastructure and site work is required. This position will also involve coordinating and overseeing the work of lower-level design staff on the project team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports and preparing final bid packages for state highway and interchange improvement projects
- Developing horizontal & vertical alignments, drainage plans, construction staging/traffic control plans, signing & pavement marking plans, utility coordination, sub-consultant coordination, and preparation of right-of-way plans for various project types and clients.
- Establishing working relationships and interfacing with client technical staff and project managers
- Participating in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and schedule performance
- Preparing proposals
- A Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- CT PE license is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MicroStation, InRoads, and GEOPACK is required
- PM experience desired
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience with broad knowledge and experience in transportation and strong technical skills in highway design.
- Experience in the design of highways, local roads, drainage and other highway infrastructure and site work.
- Experience on Conn DOT projects and knowledge of AASHTO standards is required.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.