STV, a national consulting engineering, architectural and planning firm seeks experienced individuals interested in joining Milford, Connecticut office within our Transportation & Infrastructure Division. We are seeking a Senior Structural Bridge Engineer to perform bridge design, inspection and ratings for highway and railroad structures to work in our Hartford, CT office.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Minimum of8years of experience in design & analysis of new and existing bridges, including rehabilitation design, stations and transportation facilities
- Construction document production, including drawings and specifications
- Participating in bridge condition inspections and inspections of other transportation related structures, and inspection report preparation
- Bridge load ratings
- Review of shop drawings
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master's Degree preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Experience with CT DOT is a plus
- Individual will perform design calculations, develop plan details/layouts using CAD, quantity take offs, specification writing and other technical report writing.
- Experience in analysis and design of bridges, including rehabilitation design
- Experience in hands-on bridge inspection
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.