The purpose of this position is to participate as a senior key team member in the activities of the North American Finance Shared Services (NAFSS) Controls Team, which supports the business in the process of operational and SOX compliance. This role supports multiple business units across multiple geographic locations. There will be considerable interface with general NAFSS staff members and various departmental managers. This role will support group deliverables and compliance with external auditors, internal SOX requirements and internal audit.
We are looking for qualified candidates who can adapt quickly to change. As the #7 company on the Forbes 2019 Fortune 500 list with over $200 billion in revenue, McKesson provides for a challenging environment where successful candidates can pride themselves on achieving high levels of professional excellence.
- Lead in the review of internal controls operating effectiveness and ensure appropriate controls are in place for new business processes or system changes.
- Provide guidance on best practices regarding control design and implementation to the Control Process Owners
- Perform quality reviews on retained and third party outsourced processes for monitoring of service levels and control environment.
- Monitor control deficiencies and support management in the resolution of process issues and development of remediation plans.
- Provide frequent status and analysis to management on the status of internal controls and issues identified.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with the business unit team members, management and with external auditors.
- Support the business with various ad hoc projects as required.
- 7+ years of accounting, internal auditing or related experience
- Thorough knowledge and application of auditing and accounting policies, practices and systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Power Point and Word)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Previous public accounting experience or corporate audit/accounting experience within a large matrix environment is highly preferred
- SAP or other large ERP experience, highly preferred
- Adaptable to changing environment/technology
- Process improvement exposure
- Strong critical thinking and demonstrated ability for trouble-shooting and issue resolution
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Self-motivated, accountable and results oriented
- Ability to engage with all levels of management
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously with comfort leading projects
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance related field
- Master's degree in accounting or Finance, preferred
- CPA, CIA or Six Sigma, highly preferred
For Internal Use Only: Career Level P3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.