Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability digital platform.ABB's Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. Your responsibilities
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures.Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Benefits & Payroll Administrator is responsible for overseeing all benefits & payroll operations including end-to-end processes to ensure employee benefits and compensation are timely, accurate and compliant at all times.The Administrator is also responsible for reviewing processes to ensure these are meeting state laws and company needs.Additionally, partners with HRIS Administrator to ensure time & attendance, benefit & ACA modules are complaint and accurate per company policies and medical plans. Other responsibilities include tax reporting, quarterly benefits auditing, open enrollment and 401K administration.
- Manage all payroll related operations to ensure employee compensation, bonuses, commissions, garnishments, benefits, etc. for exempt and non-exempt employees are processed accurately and timely.
- Collect state and federal tax withholding forms for all employees and maintain in HRIS system.Review all payroll changes against submitted documentation for discrepancies. When needed, follow up with managers for compensation updates, communication with employees and ensure proper documentation of any changes.
- Oversee and ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting for payroll purposes including but not limited to: state reporting, BLS, ACA, 5500's, 1095-c's and W-2's.
- Actively search for ways to optimize and update the payroll and benefits management processes.Design, implement and maintain effective payroll processes, policies, and internal controls.Partner with Accounting & Finance team to support with various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provide general ledger support.
- Ensure proper employee on-boarding & off boarding as it relates to payroll & benefits.
- Oversee yearly open enrollment per location from beginning to end.Partner with brokers, account representatives and self-funded insurance support agents to provide exceptional customer service to our employees on all medical benefits related-questions.
- Oversee benefit account management: Health Insurance, HSA/FSA, 401K, commuter benefits, HCSO, etc.
- Conduct payroll & benefit related audits, including the 5500 test and required 401k audits.Ensure compliance with all applicable state & federal wage and hour laws.
- Handle employee payroll, benefits and HR questions and concerns, research any issues reported, and handle appropriately.
- Prepare manual checks when needed.Support the Human Resources Team members with all items related to payroll and benefits with the end goal of delivering excellent customer service to all employees.Perform other duties as required.
- A.A.in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field with minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience managing payroll and benefits
- or B.S in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field strongly preferred Experience in working with high-volume hourly and non-exempt employees
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and its HRIS functions required
- Demonstrated reliability and trust with confidential information for your organization and employees
- Experience with managing payrolls across multiple states and countries and government and state laws
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, and DOL requirements
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills, ability work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, effective working cross-functionality and providing employee support
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States