Ciena may well be the most important technology company you've never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G ... literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
The Opportunity / What we're looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people's lives - their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That's why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
We're looking for highly motivated and talented engineers who are passionate about engineering velocity and automation. You will build solutions that provide Ciena engineers robust data pathways that allow for cross-regional communication and the infrastructure to support these pathways. You will own and drive entire solutions which include service scalability, reliability, and troubleshooting
Sr. FPGA Design Engineer:
As a Senior FPGA Design Engineer at the Packet Access organization of Ciena, you will take on a role of technical leadership and demonstrate your deep expertise in all aspects of FPGA development and implementation. You should have hands-on experience with using FPGAs for real-world product design, as well as a proven ability to make effective decisions on architecture, methodology, and technique as they apply to an FPGA-based system. You will be an important member of the FPGA Engineering team and our overall R&D engineering organization, collaborating on a daily basis with a highly skilled group of mechanical, electrical, optical, and software engineers. This role involves project ownership and provides an excellent opportunity to showcase your system-level design skills and make a visible impact within the company. We are expanding the team to deliver new products into new market spaces. Take advantage of this opportunity to carve out a significant role in this rapidly growing industry!
- Independently develop major product features on an FPGA
- Implement complex digital signal processing and control logic in RTL
- Perform hands-on debug and characterization of hardware
- Assist with defining and maintaining development standards and guidelines
- Lead code reviews and administer portions of the codebase
- Advise and mentor other engineers
- Support complex projects to meet technology, performance, and schedule objectives
- Timely deliver reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective solutions for productization
- Work in cross-functional teams to deliver product-level features and requirements
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of technical experience in the design of RTL-based digital systems
- Highly proficient in Verilog/SystemVerilog for synthesis and simulation
- Highly proficient in physical design (timing closure, floor planning, etc.) for FPGAs
- Experience in defining system-level architectures for digital processing systems
- Experience in creating block-level testbenches to verify RTL blocks
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment for hardware bringup and characterization
- Experience with major vendor simulation tools (Questa, VCS, or Xcelium)
- Good technical writing skills for writing design specifications documents
- Experience in writing SVA
- Experience in embedded programming in C/C++
- Experience in programming/scripting using Python, Perl, TCK and CSH.
- Experience in DDR4, RLDRAM, QDR, PCIe and TCAM
- Experience in SPI4, Avalon-ST, Avalon-MM, Ethernet MAC, Interlaken, XAUI, SerDes, CPRI, RoE
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.