You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you'll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The person hired in this role will be responsible for working jointly with their colleagues to be the "go to person" on systems and projects that have an impact on the Disability, Absence and/or Life Claims Division in the company.
A strong technical aptitude and an energizing enthusiasm to support the overall sprint and end-to-end user acceptance testing for the NY PFL and Absence claim projects will be required for this role. The desired candidate will possess a keen attention detail with overall focus on being able to analyze and evaluate complex test data to ensure accuracy and alignment to the business requirements and acceptance criteria. An inquiring mind with a strong sense of tenacity to research software failures and user acceptance errors coupled with past claims business and system knowledge will be required for this role. Combined with a unique opportunity for an ambitious, curious and creative individual to be involved at the early stages to help define our go forward approach to managing incoming NY PFL and Absence claims support requests.
This role will be responsible for managing the testing for multiple projects, which affect the Claims business operations. These activities include sprint testing, estimation of testing work, end-to-end test planning, script writing, research, training & production support documentation associated with project deliverables. This is a unique role within the claims management application group, and is a great way to use your Testing Analyst skills in a supportive and collaborative team environment!
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Assigned IT Projects:
- Participate in the project lifecycle: analysis (elaborations), design, develop and test.
- Collaborate closely with our IT partners to ensure a thorough understanding of the requirements so test scripts can be designed and developed for both sprint and end-to-end testing.
- Coordinate and partner with the QA Test Lead in testing efforts.
- Work in partnership with division or corporate trainer(s) to develop and direct training support activities, including development and review of training materials and plans as appropriate. May conduct training and provide direction and assistance to end users on use of application functionality.
- Identify potential risks, opportunities and issues of importance and communicate to product owner and business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Work with Project Manager and QA Test Lead to participate in system testing activities, including defining the test scenarios, coordination of test policy setup, writing test scripts, test case management and identifying testing resources.
- Collaborate with the QA Test Lead, Product Owner and Tech Lead on defect resolution - including appropriately resolving, removing roadblocks and prioritizing defects
- Future Production support for GCS - NY PFL and Absence
- Collaborate with colleagues on the management of maintenance and enhancement requests, maintain the status of support tickets, oversee the user acceptance planning & testing and document support processes.
- Communicate system issues, business and application impacts, status of resolution, and any workaround to the users.
- Act as a liaison between business users and IT.
- Bachelors' degree OR equivalent years of work experience in similar role.
- One year of experience as a Testing Analyst in current or prior role.
- One year of experience in the same business sector.
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough understanding of our business, the marketplace and customer needs including strong Absence Management and Group Disability & Life Claims expertise.
- An understanding of emerging marketplace trends; previous experience in employee benefits or human resources for national account employers a plus
Knowledge and Skills (that will be considered but not required)
- Previous experience with FINEOS systems or similar business configuration for systems a plus.
- System development project experience - Understanding of Agile development
Sun Life Financial (U.S.) Services Company, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 11246, Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such thecompany is committed to taking positive steps to implement the employment-related aspects of the company's equal employment opportunity policy. It is the company's policy to take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities without regard to their race/ethnicity, sex, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to 41 CFR ** 60-300.44(f)(1)(ii) and 741.44(f)(1)(ii), we hereby notify you of our company policy related to our affirmative action efforts and request appropriate action on your part.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including aptitude towards problem identification, resolution and comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures. Ability to adapt to and manage change.
- High proficiency level using MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Flexibility in work hours. Projects and/or testing require additional hours outside of core business hours.
Job Category:Business Analysis - Process
Posting End Date:
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.