Do you want to work for an organization that Makes a Lasting Impact on Kids?
AMIkids has served over 140,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
Our Guiding Principles: Kids First, Family and Safety.
Our Core Values: Respect, Creativity, Honesty, Enthusiasm, Loyalty, Integrity, Leadership, Diversity, Goal Orientation, Excellence and Dedication.
Now, you can be a part of this outstanding organization and help guide the way. Take the step. Make a difference
We are currently seeking Substitute Teacher
The role of the substitute teacher is to teach middle- and senior-high school classes, assist in the testing program, maintain related administrative systems and supervise program student activities as required. The education instructor's primary concerns include the safety, supervision, advising, counseling and role modeling for our youth.
Essential Job Duties
- Instruct students in basic middle- and senior-high school subjects,
- Prepare and maintain an educational development plan for each student,
- Research, select and maintain appropriate educational materials, equipment and resources,
- Adhere to all contract and state educational guidelines and Quality Assurance requirements,
- May administer pre/post academic assessment tests and pre-GED tests and manage the documentation of Carnegie Units (high school credits) for each student,
- Maintain accurate and complete administrative file systems,
- May perform home visits as dictated by program standards and/or state contract,
- Serve as an advisor and positive role model for assigned students,
- Drive institute vehicles as required in accordance with the Van Policy,
- Actively participate in day trips and special activities that involve recreational sports, facility and equipment cleaning, grounds maintenance and equipment relocation,
- Effective use of the Behavior Modification System by providing redirection and coaching to students who exhibit inappropriate behavior,
- Prevent and intervene in youth altercations and incidents, using the authorized state mandated training methods,
- Administer first aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with the national standards,
- Drive program’s vehicles as required in accordance with AMIkids transportation guidelines.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred,
- Minimum one year of related experience.
- State Teacher Certification preferred.
- School district’s Substitute Teacher Certification or Approval is required
- Obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state requirements,
- Obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification by nationally recognized organization,
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment; may be required to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger and school bus endorsement.
As well as an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids' lives, AMIKids offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD Insurance, Retirement Opportunities, Holidays & PTO, Education Assistance, EAP, Disability Programs and Credit Union Membership.
AMIkids Inc., Equal Employment Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled • Drug-Free Workplace