Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FAMILY – CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Manages the JE Dunn prestart checklist form.
- Supports the preconstruction team including quantity takeoff, trade coordination and scope of work development, scope review, bid package development, schedule development, bid list creation and bid advertisement.
- Leads plan and implementation of buyout schedule. Verifies pricing and scope, identifies successful bidders, provides gap analysis against initial scope and manages issuance of subcontracts.
- Manages the submittal schedule setup. Coordinates priorities with the team; reviews and approves all shop drawings and samples prior to submittal to architects or engineers.
- Ensures approved submittals are returned to subcontractors and available to project team per the project schedule and the contract.
- Coordinates with Logistics to obtain pricing on materials and equipment.
- Confers with risk management to ensure approval and/or bonding requirements for subcontractors. Reviews decisions with project leader. Provides ongoing risk analysis of subcontractors throughout project lifecycle.
- Coordinates the various stakeholders of the project including but not limited to subcontractors, owner, field, design team, vendors, etc.
- Disseminates change requests to subcontractors for pricing and schedule input. Gathers and evaluates subcontractor pricing to confirm accuracy.
- Prepares, submits and obtains owner/architect approval for change requests.
- Leads various meetings such as monthly project reviews, progress meetings and OAC (Owner Architect) meetings.
- Completes monthly subcontractor and owner pay application process.
- Prepares project schedule with the Project Superintendent. Gathers input from project team and utilizes Lean principles as appropriate. Develops and updates project schedule for both preconstruction and construction activities. Manages materials, labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet the project schedule.
- Identifies potential schedule impacts including scope, weather, manpower and changes, and facilitates mitigation plans for these impacts.
- Provides appropriate written documentation for decisions affecting various aspects of the project such as budget, schedule, legal, quality and/or safety. Employs current best practices for documentation requirements.
- Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project team(s) to communicate overall project status and profitability.
- Prepares monthly cost and margin forecast with input from superintendent and reviews with the project team. Participates in the development of the project budget. Regularly reviews costs relative to the budget and highlights discrepancies to enable improved financial performance.
- Leads overall project closeout process using best practice standards, tools and processes such as the close-out punch list, financials, sub contracts, warranties, etc.
- Interfaces with region/company legal counsel as appropriate.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
PROJECT MANAGER 2
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Gains an understanding of the estimating process from conceptual phase through GMP development.
- Identifies, understands and actively manages project risks.
- Understands and manages project business plan in order to maximize financial success.
- Implements and manages components of the operation and administration of multiple or moderately complex construction projects.
- Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge to identify problems and recommends solutions for review and implementation by the team.
- Manages deliverables provided by a variety of internal resources and functions such as IPS, logistics, self-perform, etc.
- Engages in business, industry and community activities to build and strengthen external relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software (Advanced).
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Advanced).
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Advanced).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy (Intermediate).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 7+ years construction management experience.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.