You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you'll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Operations Specialist role will be the central point of contact for all premium payments that are not processed following the standard work flows. Candidate will partner with the Premium Specialists in all locations and the Group Benefits Administrator to research payments. The Banking Specialist will then transfer or apply payments (with all required ancillary documentation) for quick and accurate resolution.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all payments received that cannot be applied via the standard process
- Responsible for intake and resolution of payments received from multiple administrative systems. Will own issues from beginning to end.
- Coordinate internal resources needed to drive research/resolution. Work within other members of Premium Admin team as well as cross functional teams (Operations Control) as needed.
- Customer facing role-including phone calls to Benefits Administrators and clients to determine where payments should be applied
- Assist Premium Specialists with research on payments
- Provides excellent customer service to Policyholders and internal customers.
- Represents Premium Administration on various Sun Life projects as needed.
- Knowledge of Group Insurance
- Heightened responsiveness and proven success with issue resolution
- Proven record of providing strong and effective customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- This role requires flexibility, adaptability and the ability to pitch in and support the team's work at all times
- Excellent problem solving skills and high energy and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Sun Life systems preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Organized and able to multi task
- Team Player
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent Premium Billing experience.
- Able to research non standard scenarios by utilizing all available information and systems
Sun Life Financial (U.S.) Services Company, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 11246, Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such thecompany is committed to taking positive steps to implement the employment-related aspects of the company's equal employment opportunity policy. It is the company's policy to take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities without regard to their race/ethnicity, sex, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to 41 CFR ** 60-300.44(f)(1)(ii) and 741.44(f)(1)(ii), we hereby notify you of our company policy related to our affirmative action efforts and request appropriate action on your part.
Customer Service / Operations
For applicants residing in California, please read our employee .
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.