The Area Vice President of Sales is responsible for achieving Smith & Nephew sales goals and commercial operations objectives in an assigned sales area, while operating within the GBU's division's policies/procedures and assigned expense budgets to meet financial objectives. Executes and directs business plans within the area which are consistent with the group's annual goals and strategies; accountable for the area's sales revenue and growth; develops market share potential and assesses competitive activities; accountable for customer satisfaction. Coordinates the efforts of the business plans with Sales Managers.
- Meets and/or exceeds overall sales goals and quotas as assigned.
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction for the area and enrolling the team members for the delivery of those expectations.
- Develops and directs the Directors of Sales and Area Operations Manager; provides overall direction for staffing and development of key resources to ensure effective allocation of human resources; evaluates sales managers and their teams performance against sales objectives.
- Executes the business plan for the area to meet or exceed area financial sales and marketing objectives. Creates and manages intelligence gathering capability for the area marketplace to ensure that objectives are met. Directs tactical implementation of business plan to meet objectives. Drives productivity and effectiveness with Medical Education strategy.
- Maintains an active management role with key accounts and teaching institutions.
- Directs the interface of sales and marketing strategies; ensures customer expectations are exceeded. Develops business plans that fit continually changing marketplace but aligned with Smith & Nephew's overall strategy. Manages interface between area, business team, alternate channels, and home office functions for effective implementation of the sales plan.
- Prepares, administers and controls Area expense budget as part of the overall area profits.
- Enroll and engage the cross functional corporate partners and senior management to support the area strategy.
- Principal owner of S&N critical performance drivers, Annual objectives including: Sales Productivity of Reps/Sales Growth, pricing, margin improvement, and area office(s) optimization.
- Provides Smith & Nephew with reporting as required covering business issues, performance results, research and development ideas, product performance, reliability and customer service issues.
o Requires a minimum of a combination of 9 years sales and sales management experience in the medical industry, preferably orthopedic industry. This should include proven success in achieving sales objectives in a variety of distribution structures and product segments.
o Must have extensive prior management experience.
o Dynamic, aggressive, results oriented with well-developed communication skills.
o "Hands on" management style; adaptable to a fast-paced, high growth, changing environment.
o Good business sense - an understanding of how marketing ties into the profitability of a company. Previous P&L "exposure" or accountability is important.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business/marketing or related field. MBA preferred
Location: Remote / Field / Midwest
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.