Ipsos is the world's third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP
We are seeking a smart, motivated communications professional to join our marketing and communications team. In this role, you will work with a team of editors and journalists to promote our research, pitch original content to media, write press releases, and pitch Ipsos talent. You will also handle and coordinate in-bound media requests. The successful candidate will be a high energy research enthusiast, able to juggle multiple priorities, be an outstanding communicator, be an expert on the usage of social media to engage with media and reporters.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with journalists and thought leaders in areas of public opinion and market research
- Performing outreach to media to place Ipsos research in publications
- Pitching Ipsos staff as on-the-record experts with the media
- Work with designers to prepare visual data layouts, infographics, and press releases for publication (on Ipsos site, for clients, and on social media)
- Coordinating with Ipsos social media account managers on public releases
- Developing an understanding of Ipsos' position in the U.S. market and helping to develop materials to boost that position
- Using social media to engage and build relationships with key media stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with specialization in Social Sciences, Marketing
- Proven network of national media outlets
- Demonstrated use of/presence on social media (esp. Twitter) as an engagement tool
- Experience working in a newsroom, public relations, or other communications-related fields (within any type of company or organization) with experience pitching or placing stories
- Some data or research reporting skills, with a focus on graphical or image-heavy reporting; specific experience with data visualization software or graphic design is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). In particular, high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is critical
- Bonus points for familiarity with SPSS
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member and engage in continuous learning
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time management skills, including balancing multiple priorities. It is important to be able to work well independently and autonomously within a strong team environment
- Self-motivated individual who thrives in deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing (emails, memos, reports)
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
US - Chicago - 222 South Riverside Plaza (7488214)
Company Location Description
US - Chicago - 222 South River
MKG NA AMP (620065)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled