|Lab Supervisor |
|San Antonio - Microbiology |
|Based on Experience |
|Various Shifts |
|Mon- Friday |
|3pm - 12am |
Responsible for overseeing the daily workload and staffing placement in the Laboratory while working closely with the Management Team. Responsibilities includes training and mentoring employees; evaluating performance of assigned personnel, monitor performance action plans for employees, interviewing of applicants, improve operational efficiencies by focusing on customer service and maximizing production and profit; scheduling/staffing and directing work flow; maintain harmony in the workplace and professional business demeanor at all times.
- Supervise laboratory operations to ensure compliance with FSNS Quality Manual, SOP's and quality control measures specified to maintain compliance with ISO 17025 guidelines.
- Perform internal audits of processes and ensure accurate performance and interpretation of test results,
- Supervise training of new and current laboratory personnel in procedures and protocols
- Provide feedback for and administer laboratory personnel reviews
- Directly address client needs as required and in collaboration with the Management Team. Oversee status of all results and reporting for clients on laboratory results as needed (including notification of out of specification results)
- Process samples and ability to perform all roles that report to supervisor
- Perform analyses in various laboratory areas
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends
- Ensure that the appropriate number of technicians are allocated are in the respective areas of the Laboratory; this will include shifting people when necessary
- Work closely with the Operations and Technical Managers and assists when needed
- Assisting with managing priorities and schedule such that individual goals as well as team goals are achieved with encouraged participation in the Food Safety Net Services Team
- Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area
- Responsible for the completion of required training
- Supervision and oversight of up to 30 incumbents, dependent on Lab volume.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science or related field
- Master's degree in Life Science or related field preferred
- Two years of analytical laboratory experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with GMP , OSHA guidelines, FDA, BAM, APHA, and Compendium methods and procedure
- Knowledge of LIMS and Microsoft Office Products software.
- One year of experience managing personnel
- Training in general laboratory practices
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other communications/computer components
- Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens
- Noise level varies from quiet to loud
- Temperature varies from hot to cold
- Interactive and fast-paced team oriented tasks
- Overnight Travel is required at the discretion of management
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Our company offers exciting opportunities for individuals interested in the food safety industry. We welcome individuals who are looking for a dynamic organization that prides itself in its unequivocal excellence in service to its customers and employees.|
Our People: We are committed to creating long-term value for our people, supporting their success and satisfaction as our internal customers and team members.
Diversity: We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including (but not limited to) Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Benefits: Our company offers an attractive wage and benefit package. Our competitive salary, combined with our insurance and benefits, make us the "logical career choice".
* Progressive 401k Retirement Savings Plan
* Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
* Group Medical
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Holidays and Time Off
* Many positions which qualify for the company bonus program
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. |