Senior Account Manager (US DoD) - Texas
This Sr. Account Manager (US DoD) is responsible for generating sales from a set of named large accounts within the US Military. The territory will include US Military accounts in Mid to Southern Texas and LA. This is a direct customer facing role with emphasis on maintaining and growing existing relationships, as well as prospecting and developing new customers. Position requires a high level of daily activities including regular account maintenance and administration, prospecting and cold calling, briefings, workshops, studies, demonstrations, proposal and business case development and presentation, etc.
The candidate is expected to build and maintain a strong presence with customers and develops a network of colleagues, partners, resellers and solutions providers to help close business. The candidate is expected to create new opportunities and is directly involved in developing and presenting products, solutions and/or services that specifically address customer's needs. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the company’s entire product line and offerings.
This position requires strong complex selling skills and the ability to work with all Lexmark resources to drive business. This position also requires the ability to develop new cold accounts.
The major areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Profitable Revenue Growth – Hardware, Solutions, Services
- Direct responsibility for identifying, qualifying, developing, proposing & closing new customers and new opportunities
- Work effectively with both internal and external resources to successfully close sales
- Minimum expectation is to achieve annual revenue objectives
Job Expectations of a Successful Candidate:
- Ability to work independently and think outside the box. Required to work from home and travel based on business needs
- Willingness to learn the skill of selling – Matching a solution to solve a business problem
- Strong presentation skills. Able to clearly and concisely develop & deliver concept presentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a complex sale
- Able to effectively work with, engage and manage multiple different team resources
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, and complete a complex proposal response
- Skilled at defining an organizations current environment, total cost of operation (TCO) and developing key pricing elements
- Experienced with high degree of proficiency using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word and Windows 365 applications such as D365, Teams and Outlook
- Direct responsibility for driving each element of the sale cycle: Prospecting initiatives, qualifying, proposals & studies, RFQs, and closing services sales
- Bachelor’s degree and or advanced degree desired
- Must be able to pass basic DoD background check for regular base access.
- Approximately 60% - 70% travel is required for this role mostly by car with the occasional need for flights outside of Texas and to other customer areas including Louisiana.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Team coordination –Experience leading a team to success
- Knowledge of Federal government acquisition methods, systems and networks
*The candidate should be in a work from home base location in the Austin or San Antonio area and will travel as needed to call on customers.