|Job Title||Assistant Director, Business Services|
|Job Description|| |
The Assistant Director, Business Services oversees and implements comprehensive auxiliary programs and services for the University. Ensures compliance with contracts and assists with marketing to ensure success of university partners.
|Required Qualifications|| |
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Marketing, or closely related field.
Six years of professional full-time higher education, auxiliary program management, or other relevant experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
|Preferred Qualifications|| |
Master's degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Marketing, or closely related field.
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience in project management involving entities with diverse goals and funding sources.
Experience managing multiple operations and/or locations.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities|| |
Knowledge of principles and practices for providing exceptional customer service, including customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to design, implement and assess the effectiveness of marketing strategies and promotional materials.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadlines.
Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with a diverse group of staff, students, vendors, and the public.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data, prepare reports, statements, and projections.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement in the establishment, interpretation, application, and enforcement of all rules, regulations, and policies.
Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance, and motivation.
|Salary Range||$58,000 - $63,000 annual|
|Essential Job Duties|| |
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
* Oversees the day-to-day operations and financial management of contracts including Dining Services, Mobile Food Ordering, Bookstore Management, Vending, Duplicating Services, ID Cards, and Trademark licensing.
* Ensures compliance with all contracts including commissions, vendor operating hours, product pricing, marketing, customer service, reporting, and product quality.
* Collaborates with university partners to develop campus-wide marketing programs and initiatives.
* Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists with developing and implementing the departmental strategic plan.
* Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success within the assigned area of responsibility.
* Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and control systems.
* Assists in the development of Request for Proposals (RFP) and Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) documents related to areas of responsibility.
* Develops and maintains the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) related to contracted services
* Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
|Other Duties|| |
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|