The Business Application Consultant is responsible for providing high quality consulting and training services to clients and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the functional and feature characteristics of Elite products. They use their professional services expertise in Legal Practice Management software (billing, financial management, multi-currency/company, third party interfaces, and reporting) to provide best practice recommendations and functional and strategic consulting services and advice.
ESSENTIAL DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide billable consulting services to clients (predominantly law firms) for all modules of ProLaw in the form of process and solution design, configuration, assistance with user acceptance testing, remote and in-person training, and go-live support
- Lead the definition of functional requirements for assigned projects and work with Project Management and Technical Consultants to translate requirements into specific plans and tasks in line with the implementation methodology
- Produce required project documentation (e.g. Functional Requirements Definition, Requirement Specifications, Training Strategy, Testing Strategy)
- Actively pursue issue resolution and communicate project issues to stakeholders (e.g. other consulting team members, Support Desk, Project Manager, Client) to ensure that issues affecting projects are quickly and effectively resolved
- Provide added consulting services including process design, onsite support, process re-engineering, custom development specifications and related test plans, training, and assistance on custom projects as identified by clients.
- Provide daily client service and initial issue escalation to Project Management for assigned clients
- Work collaboratively across different departments and groups within a matrix organization
- Deliver projects within scope according to budget and schedule
- Maintain an up to date functional knowledge of the software
- Train-the-trainer sessions designed to educate the Elite team on methods for training clients in a variety of settings including basic classroom and introduction to standard training materials such as agendas, quick reference guides, training techniques, testing materials, and functional application knowledge, process reviews including 'best practice reviews', requirement and GAP analysis, and onsite support
- Continuing education courses in areas of expertise as needed
- Conducting internal educational courses as needed
- Work as part of a remote team and contribute to the learning and development of team members and participate in team and internal initiatives and projects
- Manages their own time effectively to maximize utilization and to balance demands from multiple projects.
- Meet annual goals for delivery of chargeable hours and billable hours to meet assigned annual utilization target
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Periodic weekend work required.
- Up to 50% travel commitment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8 years' experience in one or more of the following areas: accounting, legal industry, consulting, or software training
REQUIRED SKILLS/NECESSARY EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of job duties.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize within and between projects.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of client and employee organization.
- Ability to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgment under pressure.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and diverse range of projects and activities.
- Client-facing consultancy experience.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal management supervision, which requires excellent organizational skills, time management skills, self-motivation and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility for assigned projects.
- Accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent), legal industry experience, and/or consulting experience in similar industry are preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Albuquerque-New Mexico-United States of America