Under the supervision of the Site Manager / Manager of Mobile Operations / Field Supervisor / Assistant Manager, assumes responsibility for supervising the staff in collections at fixed and/or mobile sites. Monitors the collection activities to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures. Serves as resource for donor eligibility and phlebotomy complications. Responsible for meeting projected production goals. Delegates duties to staff; coordinates with mobile chairperson. Promotes positive image of CBC to community. Performs duties of Site Manager in their absence (fixed site CS only).
- Supervises blood collections at mobiles/fixed sites.
- Trained on all tasks required of Donor Care Technician I and II (as applicable) and Senior Donor Care Technician (as applicable).
- Functions as resource for staff concerning donor criteria and vein suitability, for donors' questions and concern and with difficult venipunctures.
- Reviews QC reports.
- Ensures staff compliance with SOPs.
- Determines job assignments, breaks and meal times for staff.
- Coordinates with mobile chairperson and volunteers.
- Handles or seeks help for emergencies that occur.
- Ensures compliance with CBC safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of personal information regarding donors and staff.
- Responds to staffing problems, donor/staff complaints and counsels donor and staff as needed.
- Provides written evaluation of staff concerning performance and compliance with SOPs.
- Provides documentation when needed regarding staff behavior and/or attendance problems.
- Promotes customer service and a positive image of CBC to community.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Responsible for responding to temperature/humidity alarms (as applicable).
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling monthly equipment inventory.
- Must be able to confidently communicate and interpret intermediate information in English to all members of the public and CBC staff.