Are you a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills? Union Pacific Railroad is looking for high-energy, hard-working individuals who value teamwork and are dedicated to making a difference in the transportation industry. We love thinking smart, innovating and moving fast to solve problems. Experience an internship in our Finance department and help us revolutionize the way we build America.
The Finance department is seeking students of junior status or below who are interested in working year round. This is NOT a summer internship position. The student must be able to work 15-25 hours during the school year and full-time during the summer.
Internship opportunities are available in a variety of areas within the Finance Department, including: Accounting, Corporate Audit, Real Estate, Tax, Treasury and Planning and Analysis. We will work with you to determine the best placement based upon your education, skill set and preferences. You will be assigned projects equivalent to those of any financial analyst on the Finance staff and will be given the opportunity to manage a project from start to finish.
As an intern, you will build knowledge and experience in our core business groups and their vision, business objectives, processes, systems, and services. You will have extensive contact with peers and interaction with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put leadership, technical skills, and business knowledge to immediate use through high value project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College credits equivalent to one (1) year or more toward an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or related area. Preference will be given to students with graduation dates May 2021 or later.
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (transcripts required)
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- College student
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.