Position TypeFull time - Regular
Type of Hire
Education DesiredBachelor of Commerce/Business
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Protegent suite of compliance software solutions helps you mitigate your compliance risk exposure with greater transparency across your organization with greater transparency across organizations with advanced issue detection and integrated workflows
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Resolves program logic errors
* Participates in evaluation and selection of performance tools
* Understands advantages/disadvantages of operating systems, e.g., Unix, Windows and of various browsers, e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
* Isolates and resolves complex problems using appropriate diagnostic tools
* Devises and implements solutions to correct performance problems
* Manages and coordinates test activities for assigned application
* Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in business or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
* Requires good working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
* Good working knowledge of web development and debugging tools
* Understands principles of multiple applications development methodologies
* Knowledge of complex functions and features of installed database management platforms
* Skill in all versions of HTML programming and two or more programming languages as well as skill in VB and Java scripting
* Ability to understand and apply concepts
* Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
* Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
* Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
* Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
* Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
What we offer you
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.