Fueled by a dedicated workforce, Ameresco is an innovative technology company specializing in energy solutions. Customers benefit from our ability to design, develop, finance and construct solutions to increase energy efficiency, optimize operations, leverage renewable energy assets, and plan for a resilient future. Our unique position enables us to deliver objective solutions for measurable cost savings and sustainable roadmaps for energy generation. Drawing from decades of experience, Ameresco develops tailored energy projects for the commercial, industrial, government, education, healthcare and public housing sectors.
This position is available for degreed engineer (mechanical or electrical preferred) with demonstrated interest in energy efficiency and energy resiliency to assist with the development, implementation, and operation of energy savings projects. This position will be located in San Diego area in Southern California.
- Coordinate visits to customer project sites to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, lighting, & plumbing systems, and document energy performance including utility data, and facility infrastructure drawings;
- Identify opportunities for conservation or efficiency, prepare energy savings calculations, and perform engineering assessments including baseline profiles, end-use, and retrofit analysis;
- Lead engineering development activities in support of construction, operations, and maintenance of customer site projects as required by energy savings performance contracts;
- Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed engineering design and bid documents, cost estimates, drawings, and specifications for energy efficient building technology and system measures;
- Coordinate with vendors and installation contractors for feasibility and pricing verification of proposed project modifications;
- Provide engineering guidance throughout development, construction, project commissioning, and operations including proposals, technical reports, cost estimates, and presentations;
- Comply with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes;
- Ensure successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver customer energy cost savings;
- Cultivate and maintain positive business relationships; and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Engineering degree from a four-year ABET accredited institution.
- Coursework and/or experience related to mechanical and electrical systems, energy efficiency, renewable energy, utility data analysis, engineering design, with exposure to facility operations and electrical installation projects involving power generation, heating & cooling systems, building and industrial controls, and automation technologies.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical data, spreadsheet, communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced Excel and Word experience required.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple tasks in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Strong verbal, written, and computer communication skills.
- Valid Drivers' License issued by state of residence and in good standing
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.