- Independently leads product development from concept through commercialization for Bakery Ingredients and/or Finished Bakery Products and/or Pipeline Innovation.
- Responsible for evaluation, development and testing of new technologies and market innovation to provide a market leadership position.
- Provides technical expertise, project and cross functional leadership.
- Responsibilities may include leading basic research programs to expand Dawn capabilities.
- Position will be responsible for directing the technical work of junior team members and interns.
- Gathers and leverages knowledge of our customers, consumers and competitors.
- Leads creation of innovative ideas to support strategic plans and enable R&D to apply this knowledge to assigned projects.
- Analyze key competitive trends across multiple Dawn focus areas.
- Drives the review of our performance versus competitors.
- Creates marketplace insights and data analysis.
- Partner with Marketing/Insights team to design and implement consumer research tests.
- Interpret the results and recommends next steps.
- Utilizes strong cross-functional relationships with marketing, operations, engineering, quality, etc. and leverages those partnerships to innovate, resolve concerns and meet timelines.
- Leverages these relationships to influence technical and business decisions.
- Develops a strong external technology network with vendors, universities, etc.
- Provides timely decision making while balancing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Independently creates pros and cons lists and contingency planning on projects when facing challenges and issues. Makes decisions based on assessing risk and managing for the upside and protecting the downside.
- Recognized as a technical mentor and subject matter expert to colleagues and management.
- Assists with setting short and long-term Dawn strategies Leads product development projects from concept through commercialization.
- Serve as technical lead on cross-functional teams (food safety, plant capability/CER).
- Effectively manages time and delivers projects on time and in full. Understands and participates in annual budgeting process.
- Influences spending decisions for key project deliverables.
- Maintain ingredient inventory and lot code tracking.
- Keep accurate records on lab work and data analysis.
- Works with internal resources to quickly communicate needed information in case of recalls.
- Safely operates, cleans, and maintains lab-ware and equipment used in a testing environment, while adhering to sanitation requirements in the handling and preparation of food products.
- Demonstrate expertise in the Dawn Specification system.
- Writes, reviews, and issues product, ingredient and process specifications to support all project work.
- Ensures all ingredients and finished goods meet customer and FDA compliance guidelines.
One of the Following:
- 1. Non-Degree/Associates: 25 Years Relevant Experience
- 2. Bachelor's of Science in Food Science: 10+ Years Relevant Experience
- 3. Master's Degree: 8+ Years Relevant Experience
- 4. PhD: 7+ Years
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.