- Indianapolis, IN, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
As a Managed Defense Consultant (MDC), you will serve as one of Managed Defense thought leaders. You will own service delivery of detection and response against attackers for multiple customers. The MDC is the dedicated point of contact through on-boarding and service delivery of our Managed Defense (MD) engagements. You will set expectations around service delivery and be a part of a team that provides tactical and strategic remediation efforts, targeted recommendations, quality service, and community protection. You are counted on to be the trusted advisor to our customers and help our MD team deliver the right combination of technology, intelligence, and expertise to fit our client's needs.
This broad-spectrum position requires you to understand how to leverage cyber threat intelligence, lead incident response, communicate effectively to our customer's executive level management, and still have the ability to successfully meet tight deadlines. You will be asked regularly to provide ground truth to real world current events. Your technical acumen in endpoint and network detection/protection will be your foundation, but your operational experience and your ability to solve problems will help to shape the future of security for our customers. You are a part of the mission to keep evil out, and to protect our customers with world class detection and response to cyber threats through an expertise-driven, collaborative relationship!
- Trusted advisor for the customer in matters concerning service delivery and ongoing projects
- Lead client and engagement teams in successful delivery of our Managed Defense solutions, exchange threat intelligence with customers and internal teams, and briefing existing clients, potential clients, and external groups on security threats and incident response
- Lead security incident response and leverage product knowledge to guide customers
- Articulate complex information on security threats and incident response to internal and external groups across varied levels of technical understanding
- Lead efforts in expanding and improving the development of processes, methodologies, and client communication methods for advanced persistent threat detection, threat intelligence, incident response, and vulnerability analysis
- Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategy to client stakeholders, technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.
- Responsible for building relationships with internal business units to identify innovative solutions to enhance service delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of technical delivery, service delivery, client management, and/or managed services experience
- 2+ years of Information security, SOC, incident response or similar cyber experience
- Experience with critical tools used in incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, network or host based intrusion detection, proactive services, remediation, vulnerability testing
- Strong knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes including Advanced Threat Detection tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, and Endpoint Protection
- Fundamental understanding in network and security protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Understanding of current information security challenges and solutions
- Evaluate customer needs, coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate solutions
- Deliver succinct and fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing
- Have experience in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events; responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence
- Ability to successfully interface and establish rapport with clients (internal and external)
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Must be willing to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks
- Ability to operate independently
.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.?