The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be responsible for helping Ryan promote its technology products in the marketplace. The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will focus on Ryan's software offerings and have sales experience in this vertical market. The position will carry a quarterly revenue target. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the tax functional level as well as with their IT counterparts. Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
- Prospecting via cold calls, email, and other marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Sales Management and Marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging
- Research and build new contacts and existing accounts
- Conduct high-level conversations with Senior Executives
- Analyze prospect needs to identify business opportunities
- Gain deep knowledge of Ryan products and services
- Gain deep knowledge of competitors
- Work with Product Management and Engineering for product improvement
- Attends conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
- Develops responses to requests for proposals.
- Assists Marketing Department with promotional events and conferences and provides feedback regarding marketing materials.
- Utilizes Internet tools (i.e., OneSource) to research for opportunities at prospects and clients.
- Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, end-user licenses, etc.)
- Secures references from Firm clients.
- Works with SMEs regarding CRM, OneSource, and the Prospect Register.
- Coordinates with the Legal Department regarding agreement term and condition issues.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience selling financial and/or tax-related tools preferred
- Selling experience to Finance and/or Tax industry preferred
- Excellent time management
- Excellent written skills and highly articulate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of software sales experience preferred
- Experience selling financial technology a plus
- Demonstrable track record of success required
- Strong cold calling and lead generation skills a must
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills in Microsoft Excel, intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, and advanced skills in Microsoft Word, CRM, and Internet navigation and research.
This job has limited supervisory responsibilities for the Business Development Department, including training employees, assigning work, and checking work for accuracy and completeness.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing while attending college recruiting programs.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external clients, vendors, and candidates at all levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability