Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos Public Affairs conducts objective, formative, strategic research in partnership with clients from government, public, corporate, and not-for-profit sectors. We use data and rigorous analyses to understand and manage issues, advance reputations, pinpoint shifts in attitudes and opinion, evaluate policy, and enhance communications. We provide clients with advice that goes beyond reporting on data and is based on a concrete understanding of issues and their context.
We currently have an opening in our Chicago, Illinois office for a:
Vice President, Statistical Systems and Programming
The VP of Statistical Systems and Programming will lead a team of talented statistical programmers and data specialists in developing and maintaining robust, high quality survey sampling, data capture, QA, and analytic systems. The VP of Statistical Systems and Programming will also be responsible for introducing innovation into the Ipsos US Public Affairs (USPA) practice within one or more of the following domains: statistical QA procedures, process automation, computational efficiencies, and/or thought leadership on survey sampling, data integration, or statistical methodology.
The VP of Statistical Systems and Programming will be a member of the USPA Data Analytics and Applied Sciences (DAAS) group. DAAS is a team of statisticians, Ph.D. social scientists, and data specialists located in Ipsos offices throughout the US. DAAS researchers work collaboratively across disciplines and advisory service teams to develop customized, high quality data and analytic solutions and insights used throughout the USPA practice. DAAS researchers are passionate about research, data, problem-solving, innovation, and client service.
- Systems and Research Design: Working closely with senior statisticians and other research personnel to develop survey sampling, sample management, and data integration strategies for proposals, project launches, and internal initiatives; performing power calculations and exploratory data analyses in support of these efforts; identifying contingencies and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Data Management: Overseeing preparation of data sets for sampling, analysis, and reporting; providing hands-on trouble-shooting, and reviewing data as they come in from the field.
- Data Analysis: Applying statistical techniques for sample weighting and variance estimation, forecasting, multiple comparisons, and longitudinal analysis in the service of evaluating survey sampling system performance and generating substantive insights for USPA clients.
- Reporting and Client Deliverables: Working as a member of interdisciplinary project teams to interpret and cross-validate study findings, implement analyses at scale, develop visualizations and insights, and communicate results to clients and stakeholders.
- Team Leadership: Assuming lead responsibility for implementing survey sampling designs and analysis strategies; monitoring project deadlines, staffing requirements, and workflow while coordinating inputs from team members; fostering early career team members and helping resolve data, coding, and reporting challenges; providing hands-on support to team members as needed.
- Client Relationship Management: Helping design data and methodological solutions for internal and external clients, and presenting solutions and study results in both oral and written communications.
- Innovation and Thought Leadership: Presenting research at industry conferences, conducting or contributing to internal trainings or seminars, and participating in internal strategic initiatives and special projects.
The Ideal Candidate has the following Skills, Experience, and Attributes
- Advanced degree in survey sampling, statistics, or a related field; exposure to Bayesian statistics, imputation, and machine learning are a plus.
- Hands-on experience with traditional and online surveys, as well as with health, public opinion, demographic, or social media data in applied research settings.
- Eight or more years advanced SAS programming experience; we are particularly interested in applicants with strong skills in SQL and either Python or R.
- Track record leading programmers, data specialists, and other survey researchers.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining a strong client service orientation.
- Unflagging attention to detail and commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information, quality of results, and robustness of findings.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working within tight and shifting deadlines.
- Flexible and comprehensive thinker, with enthusiasm for learning and innovation.
- Strong internal and external client presence; approachable hands-on leader with well-developed interpersonal skills.
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where talents are nurtured, and skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation, and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident, and results-oriented which is why our clients choose to work with us. That's what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume and university transcript by clicking the "Apply" button below. Those interested are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applicants are required to indicate residency status, in the event they may be required to work on US Federal Government projects.
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
US - Chicago - 222 South Riverside Plaza (7488214)
Company Location Description
US - Chicago - 222 South River
USPA - DAAS (509705)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled