The Network Field Engineer I (NFEI) will be proficient in performing the following tasks: installation, test/turn-up of circuits and trunk groups (DS3, T-1, Ethernet 1G and 10G) & installation, test/turn-up of network equipment (soft-switch, DCS, routers).
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment platforms as well as associated peripherals and ancillary devices. Analyze available data to troubleshoot problems by effectively using appropriate methods. Also test equipment, tools, and related software to maintain network integrity.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Installs and maintains all equipment in the Inteliquent Central Office/Network. Work with customers and vendors to test and accept circuits and trunk groups, both SIP and TDM. Participate in exercises and actions related to the installation, test/turn-up, and acceptance of all equipment in accordance with installation specifications issued by Network Engineering, NOC, and EWO’s/SOP’s.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
1. Proficient on Metro-E installation, test/turn up and advanced troubleshooting techniques
2. Sonus Elements proficiency (advanced knowledge) of PSX, SGX, NFS/RAID, basic knowledge of Unix/Linux
3. Cisco core routers, term servers and switches-Basic troubleshooting and configuration (i.e. Proficient on IP networking)
4. SS7 Signaling: advance knowledge of MTP (Message Transfer Part) level 1, 2 and 3. Good knowledge of TCAP as it relate to NT 8XX application. ISUP and SCCP protocol structure and roles of messaging
5. Demonstrated knowledge on the operation and configuration on two or more of the following equipment: Turin, Fuji, DNX11, SEGway, TP-1100
6. SIP trunk turn up/testing/operation/troubleshooting using Wireshark/SIP or Empirix tracer
7. Current or former member of the Switch or Transport team, or former member of legacy teams (SIP, SOAP, STAT, CAP)
8. Familiar with call processing efficiency, SLA/QoS stats, phase jitter, post-dial delay, NER, ASR.
9. Possess either an associates or BS degree from an accredited educational institution, or Associate or higher certifications (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by all individuals in this position. They are not intended to be an all inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties may be required as determined by Inteliquent management.