Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Ride & Handling Development Group Manager at our Technical Center in Irvine, California.
Experience and Skills
- Manage the Ride & Handling Development activities within the Vehicle Test & Development department.
- Manage all Ride & Handling engineers and development project assigned. Development includes vehicle dynamics subjective evaluations, tire testing, spring & bar selection, damper tuning, MDPS calibration, and countermeasure development of prototype vehicles at various stages of development.
- Develop and execute test plans, coordinate test vehicles, and manage supplier activities. Ensure that all projects are completed efficiently and on schedule through effective project management and reporting.
- Interface with counterparts in Korea on are regular basis.
- Support sales division activities and customer feedback research to understand customer requirements.
- Provide technical support to Hyundai and Kia North American manufacturing plants.
- Continuously improve vehicle dynamics development procedures. Implement Computer Aided Testing to improve development efficiencies.
- Support vehicle dynamics development activities at the Hyundai California Proving Ground.
- Create and present clear & concise status and technical reports.
- Plan, monitor and manage group budgets. Perform group administrative functions.
- Manage additional special projects as assigned.
- Travel up to 30%, domestically and internationally to support product development and testing
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 or more years of relevant engineering experience in the automotive industry
- 10 or more years of in Ride & Handling tuning, & development experience
- Expert knowledge of Automotive Vehicle Dynamics and Automotive Chassis Damper systems
- Experienced tuning vehicles and managing engineers
- Knowledgeable with chassis simulation tools (CarMaker, CarSim, ...)
- Good understanding of chassis sub-systems and automotive manufacturing practices
- Proficient project management skills. Good technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Flexibility in handling multiple projects and changing priorities
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse team environment and in all weather conditions
- Documented professional high performance vehicle driving experience
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
Candidatesapplying for positions with HATCI must be legally authorized to work in theUnited States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at thetime of hire.HATCIis an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. VEVRAAFederal contractor.
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an equal opportunity employer commited to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, other protected veteran status, and any other protected class under law.