Our culture is built around our people. Voted a top workplace by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Founded in 1960, Urban provides services for buildings, ports, transit, railroads, airports, bridges, and highways. We specialize in engineering design, environmental, planning, construction services, and program management. By providing innovation, technical excellence, and on-time performance, we create value for a proud Urban family.
Multiple positions are available in various locations throughout Connecticut, primarily west of the Connecticut River, in the Construction Management Department. These positions will be working on various Highway, Bridge, and Facility Construction Projects. Open positions include Construction Inspector, Senior Inspector, Chief Inspector and Office Engineer.
Construction Inspector Responsibilities:
* Prepare daily reports
* Perform quantity computations and material sampling and testing
* Schedule reviews
* Correspond on construction order
* Prepare payment estimates
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Certified Construction Manager is required
* A minimum of 4 years of experience in construction inspection, preferably with CTDOT, CTDOT MSAT and CTDAS
* CT PE license is required along with a NICET II or higher
* Preferred licenses and certifications include:
* Strong written and oral communication skills are required
* Must possess a valid driver's license
Please include a PDF or Word Document Version of your resume.