Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat-rolled steel, and wire rod.
Why you will love working at Gerdau:
At Gerdau, our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau's growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, total safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit. Gerdau's rewards are designed to start you off on your career with a balanced picture for both your short-term goals and your long-term success.
This is your purpose:
You will report directly to the Rolling Mill Superintendent. You will oversee the maintenance efforts for the Rolling Mill and will work closely with Electrical Maintenance, to ensure the best maintenance and reliability results in the Mill.
This what you will do:
- The major role of this job is to ensure routine management efforts are followed and opportunities for improvement in processes, products, and production within the area of responsibility are identified.
- The incumbent should be detail-oriented and must be comfortable dealing with associates at all levels within the organization. The incumbent will for standardizing administration as it relates to processes in control standards, management standards, routine procedures, job aids, and one point lessons.
- This position ensures the standardization of processes within the area of responsibility.
- These duties will include needs assessments, auditing, coaching of maintenance/reliability improvement programs and standards, technical training, 5S improvements, development and implementation of cost and environmental control goals, development and implementation of new and current preventive maintenance and safety management processes and procedures.
- Develop and oversee the budget for assigned areas.
What you must have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other related fields strongly preferred. May consider 8+ years of maintenance leadership and reliability experience in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with exposure to maintenance and reliability practices.
- Strong working knowledge of the industrial manufacturing methods and techniques involving the use of heavy machinery and related equipment.
- Experience performing maintenance on high/medium voltage industrial equipment preferred.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the business systems and the use of complex technical and engineering processes. It requires the ability to train and guide people. The incumbent should possess solid presentation abilities combined with good interpersonal and organizational skills. People management skills a must.
- Strong computer knowledge. Previous experience with SAP or other CMMS systems preferred.
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunities related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.
What Gerdau offers you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Plans
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create