|Requisition Number||04355 Piano Teacher|
|Title||Music Instructor/Corps Piano Player|
|Description||Please note: An application is a legal document. Completion of applicant profile is required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job application is assessed for ability to follow directions. Incomplete job applications will not be considered.|
Resume will be greatly appreciated, but is not required to apply.
POSITION: Music Teacher
DEPARTMENT: Tri Cities Corps
SUPERVISOR: Corps Officer/Music Program Director
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The purpose of this position is to teach music instruments (Keyboard, Trumpet, Drum or Guitar) and teaching music theory at Tri Cities Corps Youth Music Program/Summer Program. Tutoring English and Math homework package during Summer program.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach music instrument and music theory
2. Demonstrate a passion for working with Children in a learning environment
3. Collaborate as a team player
4. Assist with the Kids Music Program and Summer Program when needed. Assist with supervision, guidance, and caring for children in an educational, enrichment and recreational setting,
5. Provide encouraging instruction to students during group activities
6. Assist the Director of Group Leader in the planning, teaching of lessons, homework support, and activities.
7. Assist in maintaining discipline and encouraging children to follow rules.
8. Assist in general set up and clean up of program area and with the closing/opening of the facility
9. Maintaining a safe environment
|Requirements||C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS|
1. Knowledge of music instruments, able to teach music instruments and music theory
2. Must have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
D. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis.
* Ability to grasp, push, and/or pull objects
* Ability to reach overhead
* Ability to operate telephone
* Ability to lift up to 25lbs
* Ability to process written, visual, and/or verbal information
Qualified individual must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed would not result in undue hardship.