Electrical Apprentice (19000408)
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, and a 401(k) with company match.
Function as an Apprentice Electrician, under a certified or licensed Electrician for Bergelectric Corp. Assist electricians with installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state, and local electrical codes along with all Bergelectric Corp. policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional and residential project locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the installation, repair, maintenance and testing of commercial, industrial and residential electrical systems in full support of Bergelectric Corp. safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools, under supervision.
- Assist the Electrician with measuring, cutting, bending, threading and installing wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Assist the Electrician with wires and cables within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Work with an Electrician to splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Clean, gather and transport materials to electricians on the construction site.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all Bergelectric Corp. productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all Bergelectric Corp.'s safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Dependent on level of completion):
- Must be currently enrolled or working on enrollment in an approved Apprentice program.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, basic circuits, branch circuits, and specialty systems.
- Knowledge of magnetic induction, three-phase transformers, conductors and wiring methods.
- The ability to read and understand electrical single line blueprints.
- Familiar with aspects of operation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of tools and equipment and how to safely use them.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual staying enrolled in an approved Apprentice program.
Bergelectric Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Contractor