POSITION SUMMARY - Territory East Bay
Sells products for MATHESON to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales and route sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with welding processes, equipment and deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
- Performs inside sales when needed.
- Assists with semi-annual inventories.
- Assists co-workers and customers with technical welding questions.
- Assists in collecting outstanding account balances.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability