Contributes to store profitability by ensuring KPIs for a defined area within the store are met or exceeded. The core expectations include coordinating team members in a union environment to provide the best possible balance of service and operations, resulting in a leading shopping experience. Assumes Store manager responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Allocates resources and organizes processes within assigned area of responsibility to drive efficiency and productivity in a variety of situations.
- Creates an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by coordinating team to consistently execute visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Ensures the product offer available to customers is maximized in assigned area of responsibility by coordinating product replenishment from the stockroom to the sales floor.
- Supervises sales transactions to ensure quick and accurate processing while adhering to cash protection procedures.
- Minimizes loss by implementing, monitoring and tracking all loss prevention activities.
- Maintains a safe shopping and working environment by ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to by team members.
- Applies knowledge of Retail KPIs to make commercial decisions that drive achievement of established sales targets.
- Tracks performance data for assigned area (e.g. best sellers, space allocation, etc.) and makes necessary adjustments to drive productivity and efficiency.
- Coaches, motivates and inspires individuals within area of responsibility to maximize and drive a performance culture.
- Is a role model for customer service and boosts sales and Brand experience by using advanced sales techniques and appropriate elements of the adidas customer service model.
- Guides and trains team members on basic core and seasonal product knowledge.
- Uses advanced category expertise and enthusiasm for the Brand to drive sales and customer loyalty.
- Understand customer expectations and coaches team to meet or exceed them at all times.
- Actively supervises and coordinates team to ensure all customers receive the highest level of service.
- Actively collaborates and shares best practices to drive store team performance.
- Supports the recruitment, onboarding, training and development of the store team.
- Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development and increase performance.
Labor Relations Responsibilities
- Store expert on the administration of the Collective Bargaining Labor Agreement
- Recommends resolution to contractual questions and issues in partnership with Store Manager and Human Resources
- Prepares appropriate documentation and manages first level grievance meetings
- Provides guidance and consistency of contract administration and disciplinary actions
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
- Ability to operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment.
- Advanced selling experience and comprehensive product, retail and industry understanding as well as supervisory experience.
- Experience managing in a union environment preferred
- Employee Relations experience, participation in labor relations training and/or HR experience preferred
We are intensely proud of the progress we’ve made creating a diverse and inclusive culture at the adidas Group. But there is always more work to be done. Our goal is an adidas Group where every single person feels welcome. We believe in equality for all, regardless of race, age, abilities, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. We hold ourselves to the same high standard for all our workplaces around the world, without exception.