The ADSSM will serve as the primary sales manager responsible for CMA's North American defense aerospace defense customers including both prepreg and carbon fiber product lines. This position will require leading the day to day customer interface and sales transactions including; technical assessment of customers' requirements, proposals in response to customer RFI/RFQ's, assessment of material availability and supply options, PO processes, STC compliance and support of order fulfillment activities. In addition to the primary sales role, the successful candidate will participate in the development and execution of business expansion strategies.The ADSSM will serve as the primary sales manager responsible for CMA's North American defense aerospace defense customers including both prepreg and carbon fiber product lines. This position will require leading the day to day customer interface and sales transactions including; technical assessment of customers' requirements, proposals in response to customer RFI/RFQ's, assessment of material availability and supply options, PO processes, STC compliance and support of order fulfillment activities. In addition to the primary sales role, the successful candidate will participate in the development and execution of business expansion strategies.
This position will report to the Director of Aerospace Business Development.
Significant domestic and international travel is required, expect 50-70% monthly travel commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support Toray's mission statement and guiding principles, vision, ethical standards, policies and procedures.
- Capture defense market intelligence including long term DoD program initiatives and future requirements, aerospace defense business acquisition activities, competitive activities and competitive business strategies.
- Ensure sales transactions are in compliance with all domestic, foreign and Toray STC policies, U.S. export control regulations and or international traffic and arms regulations, anti-trust regulations and policies.
- Develop intimate relationships at key customer interface points including supply chain, engineering, production-operations and program managers.
- Create and present compelling technical and business proposals that will result in new customer specifications and qualifications of Toray composite materials.
- Implement strategies to grow the business and drive profitable revenue generation from existing customers and new accounts.
- Maintain customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction with "above and beyond" customer care and support.
- Ensure that sales department projects a customer "mind-set" that CMA is a high quality U.S. corporation and the industry's foremost supplier.
- Achieve sales volume objectives as established in annual and mid-term sales budgets.
- Submit weekly sales reports, including key reports and business development pipeline updated and status.
- Assist with management of customer order fulfillment by coordinating sales department responsibilities with production, technical, supply chain, and QA departments to ensure on-time product delivery and complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all company, customer information including specifications and business information, ensure strict compliance with export controls as established by US regulations.
- Assist with development of sales forecast for annual budgeting and mid-term and multi-year business plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned.
- Ability to drive during the workday and/or travel as required.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field, or a combination of education and relevant industry experience.
- Prior experience with DOD operational and acquisition processes is desired with specific emphasis on composite material systems.
- Candidates should demonstrate sophisticated research and analysis skills, as well as an ability to further evolve the Toray business landscape.
- Candidates must possess excellent written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, organizational time management skills, team building skills, and display a strong sales presence.
- Sufficient technical background to verify and shape our capture strategies and growth targets.
- Related business development experience and a demonstrated pattern of success.
- Ten plus years' experience in strategic sales and marketing or program management, preferably in high performance composite materials and processing or structure manufacturing business, or equivalent combination of education and industry experience. Aerospace experience is highly preferred.
This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations and or international traffic and arms regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including US citizenship requirements. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.