PAPÉ MACHINERY, INC. – CONSTRUCTION & FORESTRY DIVISION – NEWARK, CA
SERVICE PARTS MEMBER: Position will serve as the primary contact for locating and supplying parts to the service department. Will also be responsible for some warehouse duties. Responsibilities include:
• Filling parts orders for shop and field mechanics which may require determining correct parts numbers and/or correct parts by using computers, service bulletins, etc.
• Ordering parts from manufactures or outside vendors by preparing purchasing orders and correct documentation.
• Processing return parts from service department or customers, issuing proper credit memos and re-stocking the parts.
• Keeping service department informed on any back order situations of parts.
• Pricing parts for service department.
• May be required to assist parts counter sales people.
• Operating lift truck, hoists and hand trucks to move parts.
• Warehouse duties including pulling parts, stocking parts and conducting inventory.
• Picking up parts from local vendors.
Applicants must be personable, self-motivated and have above average organizational skills. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with both customers and internal members. Must be able to balance priorities in high pressure situations. Prior history with counter sales and/or parts and service is required. Good computer skills and basic familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required. Successful candidates must possess the ability to multi-task and the willingness to learn internal computer systems. Driver’s license with a good driving record required.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Great benefits including healthcare and pension
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 100 locations, over 3,000 employees and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.