Will be called on as a technical product expert to develop, present sales proposals and systems solutions, and close complex technical sales of the Liat, Roche's new molecular testing device. Expands and develops accounts and provides customer service. Typically responsible for medium to large accounts or for medium to large quota/territory. May maintain relationships with potential longer sales cycle accounts. May specialize in a single product or product line. May manage and coordinate the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the company's products.
Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented position. Has a complete knowledge of company products and services. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Responsible for selling the company's products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
* Generates demand and maximizes product awareness including management of the entire sales process by working with and providing education and information to Distributors and customers.
* Implements strategic initiatives and plans to facilitate sales process and productivity.
* Works with others, as needed or required, to prepare proposals for assigned accounts. Presents all contract proposals to customers to maximize overall business and profitability, which may require some negotiation.
* Conducts and organizes necessary territory planning and routing for efficiency. Conducts business analysis and planning.
* Communicates competitive market information internally.
* Networks and interfaces with internal colleagues to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
* Facilitates, advises and trains the distributor reps on assigned product portfolios.
* Expands and develops accounts and provides customer service.
*This position requires a 50-60% travel commitment
*Qualified applicants must live within a 50 mile radius from a major airport terminal
Who you are:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
* 3+ years medical device sales and distribution experience required
* Training or Marketing experience preferred
* Good oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
* Proven leadership abilities including influence indirect reports and/or resources
* Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a regulated environment
* Strategic planning and organizational skills
*This is a field based position - the ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of the assigned geography.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Sales