The machine operator/helper at our Indianapolis, Indiana plant requires the knowledge and understanding of all jobs related to the Specialty Compound production and a basic understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a fast paced, high performance manufacturing environment.
2. Proven experience in manufacturing management.
3. Must have good attention to details, but be able to manage the big picture.
4. Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
5. Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
6. Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
7. Good written and oral communication skills.
8. Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills.
9. High energy, demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
10. Good understanding of business principles and practices; can effectively manage the manufacturing function with a bottom line result.
11. Excellent trouble shooting skills.
HS Diploma / GED / or equivalent. Requires an individual with the ability to perform basic reading, writing, arithmetic and computer functions. Associates in this position will receive specialized training in the operation and function of the Banbury Operating System as well as Quality Testing that may be required for this material.
Manufacturing background preferred, not required. Familiarity with Lean concepts a plus.
Initiative and Integrity:
Requires the extensive use of judgment to plan and perform. Requires the ability to work alone and without direct supervision; to make decisions about prioritizing activities and managing time. Associate must be able to get along well with others and have a good understanding of how to communicate instructions.
Must be able to lift light loads and physically traverse throughout the multi-level facility. Must possess sufficient motor skills to operate and utilize a forklift.
Mental or Visual Demand:
Must have sufficient visual acuity to read, prepare reports, travel throughout the plant making numerous visual observations.
Is responsible for the development of safe work practices for the operation of the equipment utilized within General Cable. Must be able to explain the different safety hazards associated with each job classification. Will participate in Safety initiatives as appropriate.
Job includes exposure to physical hazards associated with the maintenance and operation of major production and plant service equipment and exposure to the raw materials and service-related chemicals used at General Cable.
Job involves exposure to high noise areas requiring the use of personal protection and exposure to potential lost time accidents due to crushing or cutting of various body parts and burns or splashes associated with exposure to hot equipment and lubricating fluids and other materials used throughout the plant. #monster