We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking ideal candidates who have past experience supporting Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery efforts or have experience in professional disciplines incidental to disaster recovery with a preferred background in engineering, science or construction. We are looking for consultants who are available to join our team for future deployment to locations affected by natural disasters.
Hanson has been supporting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on disaster response and recovery assignments by providing engineering evaluations of damaged public infrastructure, cost estimates, debris monitoring, and environmental services.
* Evaluate the eligibility of disaster-related damages, facilities, work and costs.
* Develop Damage Descriptions, Scopes of Work essential to the formulation of disaster recovery grants.
* Support production of detailed, organized reports and reviews.
* Develop and communicate processes and procedures and methodologies that streamline disaster recovery efforts.
* Must be prepared to operate in an intense, dynamic, challenging work environment and be experienced working in a team atmosphere but also able to deliver independently.
* Engineering, scientific, or construction background is preferred
* Previous experience working with FEMA or long-term community recovery is helpful, but other qualified candidates will be considered
* Ability to work independently
* Extraordinary attention to details; ability to process work accurately
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
* Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members, clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact
* Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of client and project team
* Must be willing to travel and mobilize on short notice
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
* Must be a US citizen
* Must be willing to undergo and successfully pass a comprehensive FBI background screening (credit record, criminal record, tax history, criminal felonies, misdemeanors, DUI/DWIs, bankruptcy, tax or other financial evasion)
* Must have a valid US driver's license
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the obtainment of a FEMA badge. In order to pass the FEMA security process, candidates must meet the following requirements:
CURRENT SKILLS NEEDED:
At this time, FEMA is looking for individuals with the following skills and experience: archaeologist, biologist, chemical engineer, coastal engineer, EHP/NEPA, electrical engineer, geologist, historical architect, hydrologist, mechanical engineer, structural engineer, wetland specialist
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS