A Big data expert in Hadoop with a primary focus of this position to provide technological guidance & expertise that support the development and implementation of DW/BI solutions.
Hands on experience with ab Intio ETL tool
Must have hands on expertise on Hadoop, Hiv, PiG, Solr, Map Reduce on Hortan Works
Candidate must be experienced working in projects involving
Other ideal qualifications include experiences in:
* Experience with handing Hortan works Big data ecosystem
* Understands where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions
* Demonstrates ability to break down a problem to manageable pieces and implement effective, timely solutions
* Identifies the problem versus the symptom
* Manages problems that require involvement of others to solve
* Reaches sound decisions quickly
* Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action
* Optimizes the use of all available resources
* Develops solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices and procedures of the corporation, department and business unit
*Experience in data analysis and problem solving with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Solr
*Partner with management and business stakeholders on innovative ways to successfully utilize data and related tools to advance business objectives.
*Regularly use complex data and algorithms
*Work closely with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics, resulting in faster more meaningful data extraction for users
*Identify, prioritize, and lead execution initiatives to mature data assets and infrastructure.
*Provide business stakeholders with proactive and timely reports and dashboards that address their various strategic and operational business needs.
*Visualize, tailor, interpret, and simplify data for the target audience.
*Identify need for and create ad-hoc reports on experiments
*Validate that data sources meet requirements of the internal stakeholders and external customers
* The Candidate must have 6-8 yrs of experience in Big data especially Hadoop.
* Hands on experience on Hive, PIG, Map Reduce, Solr
* Experience on Shell scripting
*Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving skills.
*Strong experience with ETL methods and with retrieving data from dimensional data models and data warehouses.
*Strong experience with relational databases and data access methods, especially SQL.
*Excellent collaboration and cross-functional leadership skills.
*Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
*Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
*Ability to leverage data assets to respond to complex questions that require timely answer