- Sorenson Communications is looking for part-time community interpreters to provide the highest quality interpretation between American Sign Language (ASL) and English in multiple locations
- Candidates must display a wide continuum of language skills and consistently exhibit excellent internal and external customer service. This position is available to current Sorenson Communications video interpreters in good standing and new applicants. All Applicants must take and pass a screening for verification of skill sets in order to deliver effective services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively interpret between ASL and spoken English
- Adhere to Sorenson Communications policies and procedures, and the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a respectful and professional attitude with customers and colleagues
- Work effectively in a team environment; receive support from and provide support to colleagues
- Exhibit the ability to meet performance and customer service expectations with minimal supervision
- Enhance interpreting skills through continued education training
- Maintain, as applicable, compliance with any national, state, or local licensure and/or certification requirements
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the various interpreting needs in the community setting
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment in a variety of settings and locations
- Fully comply with Sore attendance requirements
- Effectively represent the Sorenson Communications brand when interacting with customers in the field
- Work with intern students or provide mentoring when appropriate and as assigned
- Be prompt and prepared for each interpreting engagement
- Flexible with assignment changes
- Ability to use technology to accurate reporting for billing, scheduling and service evaluation.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to complete additional and other duties as assigned
- Ability to independently travel in the metropolitan area. Where driving is required, access to a vehicle, valid driver's license, and personal vehicular insurance at the minimum state required level
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to interpret in ASL and spoken English for extended periods of time
- Possess the ability to work in a various settings, both indoor and outdoor, with variable lighting and temperatures
- Ability to independently travel in the local area
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates, Bachelors or advanced college degree preferred
- A minimum of three consistent years working as a certified interpreter (NAD level IV/V, or RID CI, CT, CI/CT, CSC, MCSC, NIC, NIC Advanced, NIC Master, or hold a state interpreter certificate at the Intermediate or Master Certificate skill levels or have the equivalent professional interpreting experience)
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
- Interpreting skills are subject to a verification and screening process
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Customer service focused
- Collaborative and supportive
- Regular supervisor observation and feedback
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
- This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an EOE, Disability/Age Employer.