We are proud of makinga difference over the years through our people, process, product andinnovation. If you thrive in anenvironment where you can create, implement, and drive results we want to hearfrom you! We areactively seeking a Maintenance Generalist to join our growing team in Dedham, MA.
The Maintenance Generalist willperform routine and preventative maintenance and repairs on company equipmentand the physical plant. Assists in various maintenance, repair and upgrade activities.Performs a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades,such as painting, carpentry, light construction, landscaping, minor electrical,or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining and repairing thebuilding and equipment.
- Perform routine dailyinspections and maintenance necessary to building exterior/interior
- Assists with andperforms semi-skilled tasks of a general nature in connection with maintenance,repair and construction tasks in the upkeep of buildings, equipment and grounds
- Assists with andperforms installation, maintenance, repair and construction work in the basicbuilding maintenance trades, such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing,locksmith, carpet, and mechanical
- Assists with andperforms functions in the construction, installation and maintenance of roofs,furniture, fences, cabinets, shelving, marker boards/chalkboards, tack boardsand a variety of other structures and items
- Inspect properties andcommunicate with management regarding proper grounds keeping and generalcleanup and maintenance
- Perform general groundskeeping on an as needed basis. Snow and ice removal with shovels, snow blowersand a snow plow equipped vehicle in season
- Prepares and paintswalls and woodwork or performs other types of refinish; installs or repairscarpet; performs custodial duties as required
- Maintains accuraterecords of preventative maintenance schedules
- May perform weeklysafety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environmentfor the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards
- 5 years experience as a semi-skilled worker in one or more of the basicbuilding maintenance trades and/or employment as a Maintenance Worker
- Knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours andweekend assignments
- Must be able to operate a forklift, light truck and other related motorizedequipment
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Understanding of building codes and health and safety
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally andfrequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull orotherwise move objects
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may includeclimbing ladders and staircases or accessing roof top equipment
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching;bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment with exposure toweather extremes
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depthperception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity tohandle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspectsof this position I
AliMed is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate a diverse and inclusive workplace. AliMed, participates inE-verify and provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Departmentof Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's form I-9to confirm work authorization.