Would you like to lead a team to deliver a great customer experience? Firetrace, a subsidiary of Halma plc, and a global manufacturer of life-saving fire suppression devices, has an immediate need for a Customer Service Manager. At Firetrace International (www.firetrace.com) our purpose is “we protect lives and livelihoods by eliminating the impact of fire.” You can make a significant difference in helping us attain our purpose.
Firetrace is part of Halma plc (www.halma.com), a group of companies whose purpose is “to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.” Halma plc was named Britain's Most Admired Company in 2020, providing innovative solutions to many of the key problems facing the world today. Firetrace is a growing niche fire suppression OEM that has been a part of Halma plc (LSE: HLMA) since 2015.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for overall leadership of Firetrace’s customer satisfaction efforts, including direct management of the customer service department. The CS Manager will interact with both internal and external parties in order to establish, measure and exceed appropriate service metrics, engage colleagues involved in customer related matters, and manage all processes that impact customer excellence. The CS Manager will recruit, hire, train and lead all CS Specialists, and work closely with Sales, Operations, Finance, and Engineering counterparts. This is a fully empowered customer facing position requiring the ability to make independent decisions that maximize customer satisfaction.
In addition to their management responsibilities, the CS Manager will initially also act as the CS Specialist for the Critical Infrastructure (CI) segment of the business. This requires direct communication with partners and team members around the globe to ensure that CI systems are processed, built, and shipped in an accurate and timely manner. Critical infrastructure describes an asset or system that plays a vital role in maintaining the health, safety, security, and economic well-being of a society. Communications, energy, information technology, transportation systems, ports, and water treatment sectors all utilize key equipment that we aim to protect.
Relationships & Roles:
- Works directly with customers, customer service specialists, and sales reps to ensure efficient and effective order processing.
- Works directly with Sales Managers to maximize teamwork and customer satisfaction within each sector of the business.
- Works directly with Operations, especially Production and Shipping, to ensure accuracy and on time delivery when completing the order fulfilment process.
- Works directly with those responsible on matters requiring approvals (credit, margin, engineering review, contract cross checking) when processing orders.
- Works closely with and regularly updates the VP Sales to ensure that CS provides added value to customer interactions, in order to maximize revenue.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Job Specifications (skills and experience):
- Recruits, hires, trains, and manages all CS Specialists.
- Sets KPI’s for all CS Specialists.
- Establishes best practices throughout CS department in support of Sales Teams exceeding their sales targets.
- Fills in for CS Specialists when needed.
- Manages all overflow Program Management activities, either on own or via cross delegation to CS Specialists.
- Manages Contract Review meetings.
- Joins sales meetings hosted by VP Sales and sales managers as requested.
- Provides order intake input to VP Sales, participates in weekly OI review.
- Manages periodic customer satisfaction survey administration and follow up.
- Regularly networks and attends external courses related to customer service excellence.
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Assists with customer requests and issue escalation as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to prioritize, and work independently in an extremely fast paced, high pressure environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills including email etiquette and experience with Word and Excel
- Maintains safety and quality standards always.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer service, program management, planning or logistics.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Logistics is preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, ERP systems (GP/SAP/etc), and international trade regulations.
- Proven ability to increase efficiency and provide superior customer experience.
- Travel Time: Periodic travel to both US and international locations. Occasional off-site training at a Phoenix Metro location.
- Physical demands: ability to lift 25 lbs, ability to sit for extended periods
Firetrace offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programs including great health insurance benefits, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, paid parental leave, career mobility and tuition reimbursement opportunities.
Halma offers very high levels of autonomy to its operating companies, while providing support when needed, with a particular focus on talent development and investment in people. See www.halma.com/our-people for more information. If you’re interested in working for a business whose primary focus is to protect and improve the lives of people around the world, you’ve come to the right place. We aim to be a company that does good work, and that’s good to work for. Our operating companies develop and create technologies that have a real, positive impact on people’s lives and health, businesses’ safety, and the world’s life-critical resources. Halma employs over 6,300 people in nearly 50 subsidiary businesses based in over 20 countries. Through innovation and acquisition, we have developed a portfolio of market-leading companies within our four sectors: Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety, Medical, and Environmental & Analysis. Our purpose is to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, military or veteran status, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Any applicant who needs to request an accommodation to complete the application process should contact Kim Pritchard by email: email@example.com.