RoadSafe Traffic Systems ('RoadSafe') is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide. RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry. At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Completes operations of assigned traffic control/safety projects setting up and taking down lane closures. Takes direction from the prime contractor, as it relates to project work. Performs lane closures on state highways and other roadways. Redirect traffic for workers or survey crews. Leads traffic control crew, supervises job site. Assemble, deliver, and pick up safety products from job sites.
- Operates company trucks to transport materials and equipment to job site.
- Leads daily Traffic Control technicians
- In charge of assuring safety on the job site and all employees follow PPE & safety requirements
- Delivers daily toolbox talks, safety training as it relates to the job
- Assure timesheets and tickets are completed daily
- Drive MOT (Management of Traffic) vehicle to and from project and on work site.
- Place temporary construction signs in work area.
- Place arrow board or variable message board in work area.
- Place traffic cones and other traffic safety devices in work area.
- Check work zone throughout shift to be sure items are still in their proper location.
- Pick up traffic control items at beginning and end of shift and load into the truck.
- Drive TMA (Truck Mounted Attenuator) vehicle to and from project and on work site to protect workers and work zone.
- Install, remove and reset delineators, signs, posts and supports.
- Shop work which may include general maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Company vehicle to drive and all vehicles are equipped with a fuel card.
- Company provided cell phone
- Lodging paid for by the company for overnight stays
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A high school diploma (or equivalent),
- A valid Driver’s License is required to operate company trucks.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass background check including driving.
- Basic reading/writing ability to comply with road signs, complete paperwork and knowledge of federal motor carrier safety regulations is also required.
- Candidates must possess good knowledge of state and local roadways and have experience with operating delivery vehicles of varying sizes.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds for long periods of time and knowledge of safety procedures for securing and transporting cargo is essential.
- Previous experience in traffic control set ups in required. Certification (from ATSSA) as Worksite Traffic Supervisor is highly preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and meet federal DOT requirements.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the state as projects require with occasional overnight stay.
- Must have some mechanical background/experience.
- Must be able to work nights/weekends as project demands.
- Must be able to be on a rotating on call schedule.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.